Welsh Wagyu Biltong is Healthy Biltong
- Biltong is one of the biggest protein players on the market today. Our Welsh Wagyu Biltong has 53.5g of the stuff per 100g. That certainly makes for a perfect post workout hit !!
- The Monounsaturated Fatty Acid to Saturated Fatty Acid ratio runs up to three times higher in Wagyu beef than other beef
- Research indicates that Monounsaturated Fatty Acids (MUFA) are either lower or neutral to total cholesterol levels, while increasing High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) levels, or good cholesterol
- Medical experts report that HDL tends to deliver cholesterol away from the arteries and to the liver where the body can get rid of it
- Research indicates that HDL removes excess cholesterol from arterial plaque, thus slowing its build-up
- Wagyu beef is also an effective source of Essential Fatty Acids such as the Omega 3 (Linolenic Acid), as well as containing 30% more Omega 6 (Linoleic Acid) than other breeds
- Omega 3, the same compound found in nuts, olive oils, and fish that give them their health benefits, has been found to protect against heart disease, arthritis, depression, Alzheimer’s, high blood pressure, and act as an anti-carcinogen
- Omega 6 has been shown to prevent numerous kinds of cancers, while also reducing Low Density Lipoprotein (bad cholesterol) levels and triglycerides
- Wagyu beef is one of the best sources of Vitamin B, iron, and essential complete amino acids
- Wagyu is also higher in a type of fatty acid called conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) This has been shown to have potent anti-carcinogenic properties, as well as being an anti inflammatory agent. Research also suggests that feeding grass increases the CLA content of all beef. Grass fed Wagyu – Healthier for us all!
Mayo Clinic, the American Heart Association, Texas A&M University, Washington State University, and the School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at Deakin University in Australia