1. BlightyBiltongCo Ltd, which trades under the name of BlightBiltongCo 'the Supplier' supplies its goods and services to its customer 'the Client'.
2. It is the intention of the Supplier that all the terms of the contract applying to all transactions on the BlightyBiltongCo website are contained in these Terms and Conditions.
3. The supplier reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions without notice to the client. Changes will apply to any subsequent orders received.
1. The supplier's chosen courier service is the Royal Mail. All internet orders will be sent via the client’s preference at the time of purchase. If the client requires an alternative service, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the request.
2. Delivery can only be made to mainland U.K. for the immediate future.
(The Supplier can arrange deliveries to destinations other than mainland U.K). Such deliveries will need to be arranged in advance. Please email us at email@example.com to discuss your request.
3. Any order received before 9am on a working day will be processed the same day. If after 9am, it will be dispatched the following working day. As the biltong is made to demand, delivery dates and times given by the Supplier are estimates only. Unless expressly agreed by the Supplier in writing, delivery will take place within a maximum of 14 days. We will do our best however to make delivery within 72 hours, stock dependent.
4. The Client must ensure that they write down the correct shipping address whilst ordering as this will be the address used. If an error has been made by the Client then the Client accepts fault and incurs full cost to have the order re-sent. The Client shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
5. Items are supplied subject to their availability. Whilst the Supplier will endeavour to hold sufficient stock to meet all orders, if there is insufficient stock to meet your order, the Supplier may at their discretion contact the Client to offer a substituted product or alternatively refund the price paid for such goods as soon as possible.
6. The Supplier reserves the right to change details and/or product specifications without notice.
7. Our last dispatch day before the Christmas Holiday is Wednesday 20th of December. Any orders received after this date will be sent on our return on the 8th January.
1. The price payable for the goods ordered is the price shown on the website at the time the Supplier receives the Client's order and any applicable charges for carriage and insurance except for the following exception:
2. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the correct price is displayed on our website, errors may occur. If the Supplier discovers that such an error has been made in the quoted price, the Client will be contacted to confirm this. The Client will then be given the option of cancelling the order or re-confirming it at the correct price. If the Supplier is unable to make contact with the Client, the order will be treated as cancelled.
3. Subject to clause 3.1 the Supplier must receive payment for the whole of the goods ordered together with any applicable carriage and insurance charge, before the order can be accepted. Payment can be made by any method specified on the website.
4. The Supplier reserves the right to change prices and details at any time without notice.
5. Prices shown on the website may not be the same as those shown in the Supplier's catalogue or in on any other additional literature.
6. Promotions available on the Suppliers web site may not be available on promotional literature and vice versa.
7. Prices shown as reductions relate to the previous price at which the products have been made available for at least 28 days.
4. Terms of Payment & Deposits
1. Clients that shop online must be aged 18 years or over.
2. Payment can be made by any method specified on the website.
3. Only the following cards are accepted by us: MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.
4. By placing an order through the website the Client authorises the Supplier to debit their credit or debit card for the total amount of the order prior to the despatch of the goods to the Client's delivery address, unless other credit terms have been agreed previously in writing.
1. The Client shall inspect the goods at the place and time of receipt but nothing in these Terms shall require the Client to break packaging and / or unpack goods, which are intended to be stored before use.
2. The Client must advise the Supplier by telephone within 5 working days of receipt, of any claim for short delivery or carriage.
3. The Supplier shall not be liable for indirect or consequential loss or damage including without limitation loss of profit, of use, or of contracts arising out of the supply or failure of supply of goods (other than liability for death and personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Supplier) and whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise. In all other cases liability shall be limited to the contract price.
4. If the Client does not give notice within 5 working days the goods will be deemed to have been delivered in the quantities shown in the delivery documents and the Client shall not be entitled and will irrevocably and unconditionally waive any right to reject the goods or claim any damages whatsoever for short delivery howsoever caused.
5. The Supplier's liability for short delivery is limited to making good the shortage.
6. Returns & Cancellations
1. The Client has the right to cancel any order placed on this website within two working days beginning with the day after the date goods are delivered.
2. All returns must follow the procedure laid down in the returns section.
3. Refunds will only be made on the credit or debit card that was originally used to complete the transaction within 30 days.
1. Except where goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the full extent permissible by law.
1. The risk in goods sold to the Client shall pass to the Client so that the Client is responsible for loss, damage or deterioration of the goods or a part thereof at the time of delivery.
1. The Laws of England and Wales apply to this agreement and any disputes in connection with this agreement shall be tried in the courts of England and Wales.
2. If any part of these Terms & Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable the validity, legality or enforceability of the other clauses and sub-clauses of these Terms shall not be affected and they shall remain in full force and effect.
3. All website content (design, images and text) is the copyright of BlightyBiltongCo Limited. The content may not be copied or removed, nor may the site be altered or republished in any way without written permission of BlightyBiltongCo Limited.
At Blight Biltong Co, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to
Blighty Biltong Co Ltd
Who are we?
Blighty Biltong Co Ltd
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you complete the contact form, when you complete the site registration form, purchase a product from our store or engage with other forms within our site.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Main Cookies used on our site
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited
These are Google Maps third party cookies, which are unique identifiers to allow traffic analysis to Google Maps.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Contact you regarding queries raised in the contact form;
- Progress a booking you have submitted and send you information directly related to this;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Deal with entries into a competition;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- These may include information about promotions of our associated companies goods and services;
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process delivery and send you mailings).
However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the company for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
When you are using our secure store pages, your payments are processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our exciting products and services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you so that you can ensure its accuracy. You can do this by the following methods:
Send an email to email@example.com and request the information held about you
Right to erasure
Visitors / users of the site should have the ability to have all records of their personal data held by a business where there is no legitimate reason for that business to maintain that reason. This includes where GDPR is super-ceded by other laws governing the details obtained.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your details erased from our system.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in April 2018.